A special day calls for a celebration, but this doesn’t necessarily mean that it has to be difficult!
Cooking with Mia shared how she prepared a special steak that’s good for 2 people when she was craving for some NY steak. So go ahead, watch the video (linked below) and turn any evening date night into a very special and romantic one. Oh, did I mention that this only takes approximately 20 minutes to prepare? Thank me later!
- 1lb NY strip
- Vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Black pepper
- Reduced balsamic vinegar
- Bring your NY strip to room temperature
- Salt both sides
- Add vegetable oil on both sides
- Set aside
- Thinly slice the garlic
- Remove leaves from the basil bunch
- On a large skillet, add your butter over high heat
- Add vegetable oil and let butter melt. Swirl as soon as bubbles start forming
- You’ll know your pan is ready when you can only hold your hand for 3 seconds over heat
- Place steak in your pan
- For medium rare, baste steak consistently with hot oil or butter for 2-3 minutes. Do on both sides
- Remove from pan
- Add cherry tomatoes on high heat
- Saute for 1 minute, stirring occassionally
- Add garlic and saute for another minute
- Add basil and saute for 30 seconds. Your basil should slightly crisp
- Pour sizzling tomatoes over steak
- Add freshly ground pepper and salt
- Drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar
- Serve and enjoy!
Watch the full video below.