Has your husband been begging you to prepare some grilled chicken for lunch, but for some reasons, you can’t because of time constraints? I fee ‘ya – I’ve been there before, but thanks to Chef Jaaie, I found a way to easily serve everyone’s favorite, in as fast as 15 minutes! Wanted to skip the instructions and head to watch the video? No probs – link is down below:
- 400 grams boneless chicken breasts
- 8-10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
- 2 fresh oregano sprigs, chopped
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons refined flour (maida)
- Fresh parsley sprig for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to 180° C.
2. Make incisions on the chicken breasts and transfer in a bowl.
3. Add chopped garlic, mixed herbs, red chili flakes, crushed black peppercorns, salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil and Worcestershire sauce and rub well over the chicken breasts. Set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
4. Heat remaining olive oil in a non-stick grill pan. Place the marinated chicken breasts and grill on each side for 1 minute.
5. Place the grilled chicken breasts on an aluminum foil and place on a baking tray. Put the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 7-8 minutes.
6. To prepare brown sauce, heat butter in the same non-stick pan. Add refined flour and sauté for 1- 2 minutes or till light golden brown.
7. Add some water, mix and cook till the mixture thickens. Strain the sauce in a bowl.
8. Transfer the grilled chicken on the worktop and strain the leftover juices from the chicken into the brown sauce.
9. Slice the grilled chicken and place on a serving platter. Pour some brown sauce on top and reserve the remaining for serving.
10. Garnish with a parsley sprig and serve hot with remaining sauce.
Watch the full video below. Enjoy!